Marantz NA8005 Network Audio Player Preview
The Marantz NA8005 Network Audio Player and DAC (Digital-analogue converter) is based on the Reference Class NA-11S1. The NA8005 is equipped with an Ethernet port so it can connect to your home network. The NA8005 is DLNA 1.5 compatible, so you can use a Network Attached Storage device (NAS) and play back WAV, WMA, MP3, MPEG-4 AAC, ALAC, FLAC HD (up to 192 kHz / 24bits), and 192 kHz / 24bit WAV files. Gapless playback is also supported. In addition to being able to stream music from your connected computers (Mac or PC), you can also stream the Internet radio stations and the popular music streaming service Spotify Connect as well as Apple’s Airplay to stream users iTunes music, whether from a Mac or PC, as well as directly from their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
There are front and rear USB inputs to connect and charge an iPhone or iPod via a digital connection. A computer will also recognize the component as an external sound card, so you can use the Marantz NA8005 Network Audio Player to completely bypass a lower quality internal DAC. Any digital audio formats that can be played from the computers own media player can be processed by the NA8005, even SACD’s native DSD format (in 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz resolution). Of course, you can also stream the high resolution FLAC and DSD files via the network connection. If you have legacy audio devices, digital and coaxial inputs are, of course, provided. There are no XLR balanced outputs on the Marantz NA8005 Network Player, which is odd given its high price. Still, given the host of other connection options, perhaps this won’t be a huge issue for most users.
Marantz sets another history milestone with the introduction of the new NA8005. It is not only extremely versatile, but also very easy to operate via the large display or the Marantz Remote App for Apple and Android.
Marantz NA8005 Network Audio Player with DAC Features
- DLNA 1.5 Network Audio Player
- Supported Services: AirPlay, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect integration
- Streaming formats: DSD, FLAC 192/24, WAV 192/24, ALAC and Gapless support
- DAC Mode with 3 Digital Inputs (USB-B, Coaxial, Optical) and USB-A on front
- USB-B port works in asynchronous mode (support for PCM up to 192kHz/24bits and DSD 2.8 & 5.6MHz direct streaming
- Marantz HDAM-SA2 high quality analogue audio circuits
- High Current Audiophile DAC and accurate dual system clock
- Full Discrete Headphone Amplifier
- System remote to control Amplifier, CD-Player and Network Player
The NA8005 will retail for $1,199 and is expected to be available in July. For more information please visit www.marantz.com
[top-seller category_id=’21’ product_count=’4′ title=’Top Selling Surround Receivers’]